It’s back to school time in Baton Rouge. Ranked one of the best college towns for years, Baton Rouge is home to tens of thousands of students during their college years. With classes starting back up, before you’re having to cram for tests, cram in some of these fun things to do in Louisiana’s Capital City.
- Explore the revitalized Mid City Area and try a new restaurant like Soji or one at White Star Market
- Cool off with a snoball from a local stand like SnowMan's Snoballs
- Head to Perkins Rowe for dinner & a movie
- Play a game of volleyball at the Oasis
- Have a walk along the Mississippi Riverfront downtown
- Visit the Red Stick on the bluffs
- Bike to the Red Stick Farmer's Marketing downtown on Saturdays, and if the first saturday of the month, the Arts Market
- Kayak or paddleboard at the LSU Lakes
If 21+ :
- Take a tour of Cane Land Distillery and pull up a stool in their tasting room
- Try your luck on the tables or slots at L’Auberge Casino
- Bar hop on Third Street
- Participate in Yoga on Tap at Tin Roof Brewery
Let us know your favorite thing to do in Baton Rouge before you head back to school and we'll add it to our bucket list!