FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 2, 2023
Baton Rouge receives four statewide awards for outstanding work in tourism
Annual awards recognize the best of Louisiana’s tourism & hospitality industries
BATON ROUGE, La. – The Louisiana Travel Association (LTA) awarded Baton Rouge four Louey Awards during its recent annual meeting in New Orleans, La.
Baton Rouge took home the Accommodation of the Year/Full-Service Lodging Award – WATERMARK Baton Rouge; Campground/RV Park of the Year – Farr Park Equestrian Center and RV Campground; the Marion “Butch” Fox Advocacy Award – Jill Kidder, President and CEO of Visit Baton Rouge; and the Will Mangham Tourism Lifetime Achievement Award – Paul Arrigo. The Louey Awards honor and showcase individuals and organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the Louisiana tourism industry.
“We are excited that Baton Rouge is receiving this notable recognition from our state association for the incredible work happening across our city,” said Jill Kidder, President and CEO of Visit Baton Rouge. “I could not be prouder of our partners for their achievements. I look forward to working with the staff at Visit Baton Rouge along with our partners and stakeholders in the city to continue making Baton Rouge tourism thrive.”
- Accommodation of the Year/Full-Service Lodging – WATERMARK Baton Rouge
- This award is given to a business that understands the importance of marketing its products and services to visitors. The historic WATERMARK has hosted visitors from across the country as well as around the world. In recent years, the hotel has been featured in a number of online publications, including regional magazines such as 255 Magazine and Southern Living.
- Campground/RV Park of the Year – Farr Park Equestrian Center and RV Campground
- This award is presented to a Louisiana campground/RV park that understands the importance of marketing their products and services to the visitor. Farr Park Equestrian Center and RV Campground falls under BREC’s gold medal award winning park system, featuring 256 stalls for horses, trails and over 100 sites that serve as a great alternative for tailgaters during football season.
- Marion “Butch” Fox Advocacy Award – Jill Kidder, President and CEO of Visit Baton Rouge
- The Marion “Butch” Fox Advocacy Award recognizes a member of the Louisiana travel community who shows commitment to statewide causes, speaks up for the industry and advocates on all of our behalf for issues of importance to furthering the economic growth of travel in Louisiana. As a result of her extensive work, service and advocacy in the tourism industry, our President and CEO Jill Kidder was honored with this award.
- Will Mangham Tourism Lifetime Achievement – Paul Arrigo, CDME
- This award honors a recipient’s lifetime contributions to the Louisiana tourism industry as well as playing an integral role in transforming travel. This award was presented to our former President and CEO Paul Arrigo, CDME, in recognition of his tenacity, dedication and passion for tourism during his 50 year career.
About Visit Baton Rouge
Visit Baton Rouge is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for East Baton Rouge Parish. The mission of Visit Baton Rouge is to increase visitation to and awareness of the Baton Rouge Area, therefore enhancing economic impact. For more press releases and Baton Rouge tourism news, visit www.VisitBatonRouge.com/pressreleases. Follow Visit Baton Rouge on social media @visitbatonrouge.
About the Louisiana Travel Association, LTA
LTA is a trade association leading and strengthening Louisiana’s vibrant tourism industry through advocacy, education and promotion on behalf of our members. Tourism generated $1.68 billion for Louisiana in 2021 and is the 5th highest employer in the state. For more information, visit LouisianaTravelAssociation.org.