|BREC's Liberty Lagoon Water Park, photo via Liberty Lagoon|
BREC is East Baton Rouge Parish's park and recreation operator, and its 184 parks are divided into five different zones:
- Community Parks: large, multi-faceted parks where the family could easily spend all day
- Neighborhood Parks: smaller, concentrated parks within walking distance of nearly every Baton Rouge neighborhood
- Special Use Facilities: unique attractions with very specific uses, like the Baton Rouge Zoo, Magnolia Mound Plantation or Farr Park Equestrian Center
- Conservation Parks: large patches of land meant to conserve Louisiana wildlife, like Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center
- Golf Courses: 18-hole and 9-hole golf courses
From typical playgrounds to modern and fun splash pads, the kids will be entertained for hours. Bring the dog along to meet new friends at many of the Raising Cane's Dog Park locations. If you like being on the water, you can rent canoes and kayaks at many of the lakes. And for all you nature lovers, you can hike miles and miles of conservation trails.
|BREC's Bluebonnet Swamp|
|BREC's Perkins Road Community Park|
Danielle Kelley, communications intern
Danielle is the communications intern for Visit Baton Rouge. She was born and raised in East Baton Rouge Parish, and is passionate about all things Louisiana. An LSU senior, Danielle is studying mass communication with a concentration in public relations. She loves books, birds and Baton Rouge.
Follow Danielle on Twitter, Instagram or on her personal blog.