St. Patrick’s Day in Baton Rouge is a tradition like no other! This year, there are many ways to celebrate all around the Capital City. From the Wearin’ of the Green Parade to traditional Irish pubs, this list will help you make sure your St. Patrick’s Day celebration is one to remember!
St. Patrick’s Weekend Activities & Events
- Date: Thursday, March 17 at 6 p.m.
- Enjoy singer/songwriter Worth Powers on March 17th at La Divina Italian Café while sipping on their ice-cold beers and delicious gelato!
- Date: Thursday, March 17 at 7 p.m.
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with live music from 3 Dolla Bill at Beauvoir Park on Perkins Road!
- Date: Friday, March 18 at 7 p.m.
- Continue the St. Patrick’s weekend festivities on Friday at Tin Roof Brewing Co. Grab a brew, and listen to your favorite 70s and 80s tunes from Green Gasoline!
The Wearin' of the Green Third Annual 5K Shamrock Run
- Date: Saturday, March 19 at 8 a.m.
- On Saturday morning, the organizers of the Wearin’ of the Green Parade host the third annual 5K Shamrock Run, which starts and ends at Moreau Physical Therapy on Perkins Road. Whether you’re participating in the race or cheering on the runners, put on your best green attire, and come out for some fun before the parade starts to roll.
- Date: Saturday, March 19 at 10 a.m.
- 2022 marks the 35th year of the Wearin’ of the Green Parade in Baton Rouge, and you don’t want to miss out! The floats start to roll at 10 a.m on Hundred Oaks once they cross over the South Acadian Thruway. Just because the parade is over doesn't mean the celebration has to stop! Carry on at the many spots we have listed in our blog!
- Date: Saturday, March 19 following the Wearin’ of the Green Parade
- Immediately following the parade, Uncle Earl’s hosts Earlpalooza, billed as the “Official After Party ”of the Wearin’ of the Green Parade. Purchase tickets to enjoy live music, inside and outside bars and more!
Food & Drink Spots along the Wearin’ of the Green Parade Route
- Garden District Coffee
- Zeeland Street
- BLDG 5
- Kalurah Street Grill
- The Overpass Merchant
- Chow Yum Phat
- Ivar’s Sports Bar & Grill
- Gail’s Fine Ice Cream
- The Big Squeezy
- Rock-n-Sake Bar & Sushi
- Schlittz & Giggles
- Magpie Cafe
- Frankie’s Dawg House
- Parrain’s Seafood
- Zippy’s Burritos Tacos & More
- Acme Oyster House
- La Divina Italian Cafe
- Ruby Slipper Cafe
- Rock N Roll Sushi
- Uncle Earl’s
Irish Pubs in Baton Rouge:
If you are looking for a more traditional Irish pub atmosphere for your celebration, these Capital City Irish pubs will be your go-to stops this St. Patrick’s Weekend!
Where to Shop for Green Attire in Baton Rouge
The Wearin’ of the Green Parade calls for the best green attire! These local boutiques have a selection of all things green just for you.
- Aria Boutique
- Bella Bella Boutique
- Blu Spero
- Hemline Boutique
- H Kyle Boutique
- Mclavy Ltd.
- Moxi Boutique
- Posh Unique Boutique
- Rodéo Boutique
- Salon Du Sud Boutique
- Vertage Clothing Co.