Coronavirus Information for Baton Rouge
*Please note: The City of Baton Rouge and State of Louisiana is requiring face masks to enter businesses until further notice. Face Covering Order Guidance
Visit Baton Rouge has taken several measures to follow federal, state and local mandates as well as to continue to support local businesses during this difficult time. Out of an abundance of caution, Visit Baton Rouge visitor centers and offices remain closed to the public until further notice.
As our city and state continues to stay in Phase 3 of reopening, we will remain cautious and vigilant in best practices for combating the spread of COVID-19. Our hospitality partners including hotels, restaurants, attractions and retailers are taking the proper precautions for a safe opening. A detailed outline of current restrictions can be found below.
- The statewide mask mandate will remain in place. Face coverings should cover your nose and mouth when inside a commercial establishment or any other building or space open to the public, whether indoor or outdoor.
- Restaurants, spas/salons, barber shops, shopping malls, gyms, casinos and many other businesses can now operate full capacity, while maintaining social distancing.
- Bars are allowed to open for indoor, seated service for on premise sales and consumption at full capacity, while maintaining social distancing.
- Events held indoors will be limited to 500 people or 50% capacity, while maintaining social distancing.
- Sporting events, like college football games, can operate at 50% and on-site consumption of alcoholic beverages are permitted when consumed in ticketed seats.
- Religious services can continue to open at full capacity. Social distancing measures should be maintained.
To our visitors: We thank you for visiting Baton Rouge. Our visitor center located at 359 Third Street in Downtown Baton Rouge is open, allowing no more than two visitors inside at a time and requiring the wearing of a mask to enter.
We’re available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and via our regular phone lines at (225) 383-1825 or (800) 527-6843. We also encourage you to check our website, www.VisitBatonRouge.com for available virtual resources including digital brochures, maps and a list of businesses in operation.
State of Louisiana Coronavirus Information
For information on the virus, COVID-19, please visit the link here to be directed to the CDC Website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
Covid Defense App
Who will you protect? COVID Defense is Louisiana's new app to help protect ourselves and those closest to us from the virus. It notifies you if you’ve been exposed so that you do not expose others. Download the app today.