LSU's most prominent landmark. 175-foot structure was built in 1923 and dedicated in 1926 as a memorial to Louisianians who died in WWI. On the rotunda walls are bronze plaques bearing the names of those to whom the Tower is dedicated. The Memorial Tower also houses the permanent collections of the LSU Museum of Art. Chimes ring every quarter hour. Also known as the Campanile.