Baton Rouge: A Romantic Getaway
A city as fun and immersive as Baton Rouge is more fun when you’re exploring with someone else. Most locals could agree that the Red Stick makes for a romantic getaway that is packed full of interesting culture, incredible food and a lot of fun. Put some spice back into your date night and come to Baton Rouge for a trip you and your special someone will never forget.
It’s no secret that Baton Rouge is a culinary hotspot. And since food is the best way to bring people together, here is a list of the capital’s most romantic restaurants:
- The Gregory - Food that is both rich in class and rich in Southern flavor.
- Olive or Twist - An upscale bar experience with unique cocktails and wine tastings.
- Tsunami - Japanese cuisine you’ll love with a view over the city that you cannot miss.
- Soji - Baton Rouge’s ultimate Asian-fusion food experience right in the heart of Baton Rouge’s Mid City neighborhood.
THINGS TO DO as a couple
Show your date your competitive side with some fun activities or showcase a hidden talent they may not get to see!
- Topgolf - This driving range game is a sporting experience that will keep you and your date entertained with some friendly competition.
- Defy Baton Rouge - Jump into some fun at this trampoline park to elevate your date night.
- Highland Park Observatory - Make stargazing a little more immersive with an n out-of-this-world experience.
- Escape Room - Working together to solve puzzles and beat the clock is a great teamwork exercise for you and your partner.
- Uptown Rock Climbing - The perfect trust exercise that will take your relationship to new heights (literally).
- Cooking Classes at Red Stick Spice - Spice up your date night with a cooking class and buy some homemade Louisiana goodies to take home with you.
- Museums - With a history like the Red Stick’s, it’s hard to list all of the historic sites and museums to see. Click here to see which museums you'd like to peruse.
A night away in a hotel might be just what you and your partner need, Baton Rouge has many romantic places to stay from the quaint and cozy to the luxurious treat.
- Hotel Indigo - This boutique hotel offers bikes for rent to explore nearby and is pet-friendly!
- Stockade Bed and Breakfast - What's more cozy and romantic than a quiet bed and breakfast tucked away in the heart of the city?
- Watermark - Once the headquarters of Louisiana Trust & Savings Bank, today guests can enjoy hand-painted ceiling murals, carved marble walls and staircases, old bank vaults converted into gathering spaces and more touches from the hotel's past.
- L’Auberge Hotel - Activities await at L'Auberge. Enjoy the spa, rooftop pool, Edge Bar with live music and more during your stay.
- Renaissance Baton Rouge - Stay in style at the Renaissance with close proximity to splurge on some of Baton Rouge's finest shopping.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown - Balconies overlooking the mighty Mississippi River offer a romantic view like no other.
Whether you’re looking to clap your hands to some tunes or feast your eyes upon some beautiful artwork, adding a little color and step to your date night will guarantee a good time.
- White Light Night - Get to know local artists and taste local food in this adorable Mid City Market.
- Radio Bar - One of Baton Rouge’s most highly ranked bars with a great atmosphere, great drinks, and sometimes art displays where you can meet the artists.
- Baton Rouge Gallery - The community’s contemporary art gallery where photography, painting, sculptures, and much more are available for your viewing pleasure.