Baton Rouge: A Romantic Getaway
A city as fun and immersive as Baton Rouge is more fun when you’re exploring with someone else. Most locals could agree that the Red Stick makes for a romantic getaway that is packed full of interesting culture, incredible food and a lot of fun. Put some spice back into your date night and come to Baton Rouge for a trip you and your special someone will never forget.
It’s no secret that Baton Rouge is a culinary hotspot. And since food is the best way to bring people together, here is a list of the capital’s most romantic restaurants:
- The Gregory - Food that is both rich in class and rich in Southern flavor.
- Olive or Twist - An upscale bar experience with unique cocktails and wine tastings.
- Tsunami - Japanese cuisine you’ll love with a view over the city that you cannot miss.
- Soji - Baton Rouge’s ultimate Asian-fusion food experience right in the heart of Baton Rouge’s Mid City neighborhood.
Whether you’re looking to clap your hands to some tunes or feast your eyes upon some beautiful artwork, adding a little color and step to your date night will guarantee a good time.
- Live After Five - A live music and food experience in Downtown Baton Rouge with as much soul as its patrons.
- Rock n Rowe - Play, shop, and dance right in the middle of one of Baton Rouge’s best villages, Perkins Rowe.
- Varsity Theatre - Live music from touring acts big and small in a beloved old film theatre near LSU’s campus.
- White Light Night - Get to know local artists and taste local food in this adorable Mid City Market.
- Radio Bar - One of Baton Rouge’s most highly ranked bars with a great atmosphere, great drinks, and sometimes art displays where you can meet the artists.
- Baton Rouge Gallery - The community’s contemporary art gallery where photography, painting, sculptures, and much more are available for your viewing pleasure.
THINGS TO DO as a couple
Show your date your competitive side with some fun activities or showcase a hidden talent they may not get to see!
- Topgolf - This driving range game is a sporting experience that will keep you and your date entertained with some friendly competition.
- Defy Baton Rouge - Jump into some fun at this trampoline park to elevate your date night.
- Highland Park Observatory - Make stargazing a little more immersive with an n out-of-this-world experience.
- Escape Room - Working together to solve puzzles and beat the clock is a great teamwork exercise for you and your partner.
- Uptown Rock Climbing - The perfect trust exercise that will take your relationship to new heights (literally).
- Cooking Classes at Red Stick Spice - Spice up your date night with a cooking class and buy some homemade Louisiana goodies to take home with you.
- Museums - With a history like the Red Stick’s, it’s hard to list all of the historic sites and museums to see. Click here to see which museums you'd like to peruse.
A night away in a hotel might be just what you and your partner need, Baton Rouge has many romantic places to stay from the quaint and cozy to the luxurious treat.
- Hotel Indigo - This boutique hotel offers bikes for rent to explore nearby and is pet-friendly!
- Stockade Bed and Breakfast - What's more cozy and romantic than a quiet bed and breakfast tucked away in the heart of the city?
- Watermark - Once the headquarters of Louisiana Trust & Savings Bank, today guests can enjoy hand-painted ceiling murals, carved marble walls and staircases, old bank vaults converted into gathering spaces and more touches from the hotel's past.
- L’Auberge Hotel - Activities await at L'Auberge. Enjoy the spa, rooftop pool, Edge Bar with live music and more during your stay.
- Renaissance Baton Rouge - Stay in style at the Renaissance with close proximity to splurge on some of Baton Rouge's finest shopping.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown - Balconies overlooking the mighty Mississippi River offer a romantic view like no other.