Spring is in the air all over the Capital City and with it comes plenty of opportunities to get out and enjoy everything Baton Rouge has to offer! From live music to learning more about history, our spring list of activities has something for everyone to enjoy all season long. Check out our list below to build your Baton Rouge Spring Break Itinerary!
There’s no question that Louisiana has had an impact on the music industry for decades. Thanks to our many local venues and restaurants, your next live music experience is right around the corner.
- Spend the day shopping at Perkins Rowe; then, enjoy music on the lawn at the Rock N Rowe series every Thursday from March to May.
- Check out Live After 5 for everything from blues to rock in downtown Baton Rouge every Friday in April!
- On Fridays, La Divina Italian Cafe invites local songwriters to share their work at the Original Music Gathering.
- Oxbow Estate Rum, a local distillery, has live music and crawfish every Saturday on their patio from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Don’t miss out on Songwriters Sunday at Jolie Pearl! Enjoy your Sunday afternoon with some local talent and good food!
- Baton Rouge’s legendary live music venue Chelsea’s Live hosts entertainment on most Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Nothing says spring like college sports. Whether you’re in town to cheer on your home team or want to support the Capital City’s athletes, check out these schedules for spring home game dates!
Want to get in on the action? Explore the many BREC parks and sports facilities, or stop by these local spots for beach volleyball, golf, hiking and more - all spring long!
- Mango’s Beach Volleyball
- Oasis Baton Rouge
- BREC Golf Courses
- BREC Walking Trails
- BREC Botanical Gardens
- Bennett’s Water Ski & Wakeboard School
Baton Rouge’s trivia night scene is unrivaled! No matter what night of the week, there’s a place for you to test your knowledge.
- Overpass Merchant - Mondays
- City Slice - Tuesdays
- Curbside - Wednesdays
- The Bulldog - Thursdays
- Oxbow Estate Rum Trivia and Tacos - Thursdays
Whether you’re shopping for fresh produce, learning a new recipe or dining on specials, Baton Rouge has you covered.
- Shop for local, seasonal produce and artisan bites every Thursday and Saturday morning at the Red Stick Farmers Market.
- Schedule a leisure cooking class at the Louisiana Culinary Institute, or a private cooking class at Red Stick Spice Co. to learn new recipes and skills from professional chefs.
- Take your pick of brunch spots in Baton Rouge, and spend your weekend with bottomless mimosas.
- Get a taste of Baton Rouge with Culinary Tours of the city to satisfy your cravings, and learn a bit of our cultural history in the process.
ARTS & HISTORY
From comedy shows to history exhibitions, schedule some time for entertainment in the Red Stick.
- Ranging from comedy shows to film festivals, explore upcoming showings at the Manship Theatre.
- Have a laugh at The Station Bar and Grill’s Open Mic Stand-up Comedy every Wednesday.
- Find an upcoming show at the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra, and spend a night at the symphony.
- Some of our museums offer a “First Free Sunday” promotion, but you can delve into our rich history any day of the week at these season-long exhibits.