Cajun Shrimp Dip by Host the Toast
|via Host the Toast|
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 oz) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen cooked mini salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 dash tabasco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- French bread baguette slices or chips, to serve
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once completely melted, add in the bell pepper, garlic, pimiento, celery, and red onion. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Add in the thawed salad shrimp, the cream cheese, half of the cheddar, and the Tabasco. Sprinkle everything with the Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix until well combined and the shrimp is warmed through.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and let melt. You can place the dip under the broiler for a minute at this point if you'd like the top to be slightly browned and bubbly.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with bread or chips.
Cathy Juarez, Visit Baton Rouge