April Fools’ Day is all about laughter and fun, but the comedy clubs around the Capital City are no joke when it comes to unique entertainment. Improv troupes, open-mic nights, comedy classes — there are so many different ways to join in on the fun! Check out this list of places for your next comedy adventure in Baton Rouge.
- Make your next trip to Mid City one you won’t forget, and join the fun at Boomerang Comedy Theater. Find a full list of upcoming stand-up shows, improv performances and even sign up for a class online!
- At The Silly Rabbit, laughter is the best medicine. Located on Airline Highway, this comedy club is ready to entertain the Capital City with activities ranging from Open-Mic Mondays to karaoke nights.
- Whether you want to try your hand at the mic or have a laugh with seasoned comedians, Delete Comedy’s Open Mic Night is a blast. Check out Baton Rouge’s longest-running weekly comedy show at The Station Sports Bar & Grill every Wednesday night.
- Looking for some unique entertainment? The Family Dinner Troupe at the Manship Theater is the perfect place for you. This live and interactive performance is one of a kind and will keep you on the edge of your seat laughing all night long.
Upcoming comedy events in Baton Rouge:
- Interested in more local improv? Don’t miss Baton Rouge Improv Festival coming up April 20 - 24. This five-day festival celebrates improv with comedy shows, workshops and fun.
- Stand-up comedian Mike Epps leads an all-star lineup including Gary Owen, Earthquake and Lavell Crawford with the Fabulously Funny Comedy Festival at the Raising Cane’s River Center Arena on April 23.
- On May 13, comedian Heather McMahan brings “The Farewell Tour” to the River Center Performing Arts Theatre.
No matter your sense of humor, Baton Rouge has a place for all to have a laugh. Don’t be a fool this April 1st—check out the best comedy the Capital City has to offer!