Baton Rouge has three pillars: football, food and music. With football season and live music events in full swing in the Red Stick, it’s the perfect time to schedule a visit. If you’re here for the homecoming football games, extend your stay and check out what else Baton Rouge has to offer.
Thursday, October 10th
Down in Baton Rouge, we start our weekends early. Here are all of Thursday’s events:
- Oct. 10 – Bob Segar in Concert
- Grammy-award winning, Detroit-based musician Bob Segar and his Silver Bullet Band are sharing their blend of country, soul and heartland rock with the Capital City at the Raising Cane’s River Center Arena from 7:30-10:30 pm Thursday night. For more information on where to buy tickets, click here.
- Oct. 10 - Rock n Rowe
- This Thursday night from 6:00-9:00 pm, the Chase Tyler Band is kicking off Rock n Rowe, a free live concert in the town square area of Perkins Rowe .Grab a drink from Bin 77 Bistro and SideBar after a classic Louisiana-style meal from Rouj Creole and enjoy the live music and company of cheery locals.
Friday, October 11th
Get ready for game day with some awesome Friday night concerts:
- Oct. 11 – 17th floor at Live After Five
- If you’re looking to experience the heart of downtown Baton Rouge, look no further than Live After Five, a free concert where locals and visitors gather. Live After Five will host 17th Floor, America’s best Hip-Rock and R&B cover band, at City Hall Plaza in the heart of Downtown. Come hungry and put on your dancing shoes to enjoy some local food and sounds.
- Oct. 11 – Lauren Daigle Concert
- Christian artist Lauren Daigle will be playing the Raising Cane’s River Center Arena on Friday at 7:30 pm. With VIP packages that include pre-show soundcheck access, a Q&A session and exclusive autographed merchandise, you won’t want to miss this! For more information, click here.
- Oct. 11 – Better than Ezra
Saturday, October 12th
Welcome to the Tailgating Capital of the world: Baton Rouge! LSU and Southern University are both hosting their annual homecoming games this weekend, events that bring the whole city to life. For a list of things to do in Baton Rouge on game day, click here.
- Oct. 12 – LSU vs. Florida Gators (Homecoming)
- Oct. 12 – SU vs. Prairieview (Homecoming)
When you plan your long weekend, be sure to visit our website for other trip ideas and tips. To eat your way through Baton Rouge in just two days, check out our 48-hour Eats Itinerary. Shop til you drop at any of our premiere shopping locations. To plan and book your stay, visit .visitbatonrouge.com/hotels/.